It would be a bad feeling if you have a calcaneal fracture on the bone. Wearing the best shoe after calcaneal fracture can give you relief to some extent in this circumstance.
The fracture on the heel bone is considered as a calcaneal fracture. It can be a vital problem if you don’t treat it properly before it is getting worst. Sometimes, it leads to surgery which can be the worst case. Here we recommend some best shoe balancers that can assist you to keep stable and easy to walk.
The 10 Best Shoe After Calcaneal Fracture 2020
1. ProCare Squared Toe Post-Op Shoe
Looking for shoes for calcaneal fracture can be easy when you get ProCare Squared Shoe. This shoe balancer allows stable protection. It allows the right amount of support if you have a calcaneal fracture. By wearing this shoe, you will get relief from your pain occurred by small injuries or any kind of surgery.
The shoe is dressing in such a way to be kept the wearer clean and toes dry. As it is designed by following post-operative procedures and forefoot trauma, it is very helpful for reducing any type of fracture. The square toe design of it works as a bumper. It delivers additional room as well as comfort for your foot.
The shoe makes with high ankle strapping. It assists to maintain your foot in proper position while you are walking. There is a rigid rocker sole which is extremely supportive. It provides ease of ambulation along with pressure reduction. Thus, if you use this shoe, gradually your calcaneal fracture will be reduced.
- Allows the dressing to be kept clean and toes dry, providing stable protection following...
- Square toe design acts as a bumper and provides additional room and comfort for your foot
The universal fit of it allows one to wear on either the left foot or right foot. For sensitive feet, you should try out this shoe balancer. Though the size of this shoe varies, you can pick the right size by wearing it before purchasing it.
- Allows to be kept clean and your toes dry
- Offers stable protection for sensitive feet
- Made by following post-operative procedures
- Square toe design works as a bumper
- Delivers additional room and comfort for painful foot
- Sole isn’t rigid
- Size varies
2. Complete Medical Darco Med-Surg Shoe Black Square-Toe
This fracture shoe from DARCO is regarded as the most versatile postoperative shoe of the market. It features a fully customizable insole that offers double-padded comfort. It is a removable sole that allows you to accommodate additional inserts. Featuring the Peg Assist off-loading insole, it is very effective for after calcaneal fracture.
The square toe design of it works as a bumper. It gives additional protection. As it is made with K-wires whereas MetaShank is presented, the protection it provides is more rigid. Thus, it helps to control under the metatarsal. The Staples Closure of this model helps to reduce buckle pressure on the forefoot.
- Item Package Length: 9.144cm
- Item Package Width: 13.208cm
It can be expanded to accommodate if you’re dressing up to 17 in circumference. The rocker sole of it eliminates plantar pressure even you are on the forefoot. It also reduces the pressure of your heel by over 25 percent. Reducing your pressure on the foot, your pain after calcaneal fracture will have vanished after a few weeks or a couple of months.
- The most versatile post-operative shoe
- Fully customizable insole, double-padded
- Provide additional protection if you have pain
- Presents MetaShank-U Protection for more rigid control
- Helps to minimize buckle pressure on the forefoot
- Rocker sole removes plantar pressure on joints
- Not so comfortable
- Size varies
3. Aircast AirSelect Walker Brace/Walking Boot
This short walking boot offers a great solution for after calcaneal fracture. This walking brace will hug your leg perfectly so that you can walk smoothly. This broken heel shoe features a durable and semi-rigid shell to support the limb amazingly. Providing full-shell protection, you will like this product for regular use.
The Aircast Walker boot is designed with SoftStrike technology. This technology can absorb as well as dissipate your shock that is caused for walking. As it is lightweight and features a lab-tested rocker sole, it can combine outstanding support with cushion. It works to encourage your natural gait.
The Overlapping Duplex air cells of it line the shell. It allows intermittent pneumatic compression. It works for 3-times faster to reduce foot edema. Designing with a sleek and open-frame, it delivers proper ventilation. So, you might face less sweat. Due to its non-marking and skid-resistant rubber tread, it gifts you greater traction.
- Features a durable, semi-rigid shell that helps support the limb while providing full-shell...
- SoftStrike technology absorbs and dissipates shock, while the lightweight and lab-tested rocker...
It can be worn on both the left or right foot. These shoes for fractured foot keeps your life more supportive after calcaneal fracture. But the price range of it is high.
- Features a durable and semi-rigid shell
- Helps to support the limb for full-shell protection
- SoftStrike technology absorbs and reduces shock
- Features lightweight and lab-tested rocker sole
- Capable of combining a natural gait
- The price range is high
- Bit heavy
4. BraceAbility Short Broken Toe Boot
Now we review one of the best shoes after calcaneal fracture which is clinically proven to protect a broken toe. For metatarsal fracture, plantar fasciitis, stress fracture, sprain, surgery, post bunion surgery, and any type of injury can be healed by it. When you need to immobilize your toe, foot, or ankle, you will find this brace as a good solution.
It features a comfortable and deluxe foam liner. The wide toe bed along with open toe design gives ample room so that you can enjoy proper swelling and bandaging. The low profile and rocker bottom allow for a more natural step. It makes you easy to walk even with pain. The rocker bottom of the shoe increases the mobility of movement.
- BEFORE PURCHASING please view our size chart (the 2nd image above). Size XS fits U.S. Women's...
- CLINICALLY PROVEN TO PROTECT & TREAT a broken toe, metatarsal fracture, stress fracture,...
There is an adjustable medical-grade fastener strap. It prefers you to customize the fit easily. Due to its rigid and polymer plastic reinforced shell, it brings perfect protection and support. Not only for the leg but also for the ankle, it is enough comfortable. To treat your broken toe or foot, you can try out this product.
- Clinically proved to treat a broken toe or fracture
- A great option for post-operational uses
- Features a deluxe foam liner
- Made with wide toe bed and open-toe design
- Provides enough room for swelling
- Insufficient breathability
- Size varies
5. Mars Wellness Premium Post Op Broken Toe
Here is a shoe balancer that is designed for women. It can ensure that you will get the right amount of support that you needed. Moreover, it allows you to keep your dress clean as well as your toes dry. Providing stable protection and following the post-operative procedures and forefoot trauma, this shoe balancer is quite good for calcaneal fracture.
The toe portion of this model is a square toe. It acts as a bumper. It provides added protection at your toe area. Most of the time the people with calcaneal fractures have irritation and pain at the toe area. That’s why this product is very comfortable for them.
The adjustable ankle strap of it provides a customized fit. The padded heel portion minimizes your heel slippage. It also gives proper foot positioning while you are moving. The sole of it is a rigid rocker sole. It delivers the right amount of traction which allows the ease of ambulation. It also works for pressure reduction.
- Allows the dressing to be kept clean and toes dry, providing stable protection following...
- Square toe feature acts as a bumper and gives added protection at the toe area
Coming with a removable insole, it brings much flexibility in use. The manufacturer designs it for everyday use in mind. For post-surgery, any type of foot injuries, and after calcaneal fracture, you will find this model comfortable, roomy, and supportive.
- Made with following post-operative procedures
- Good for forefoot trauma
- Allows extra protection at the toe area
- An adjustable ankle strap provides a custom fit
- Padded heel helps to minimize heel slippage
- Toe hasn’t enough room
- Not for a long time
6. Aircast SP (Short Pneumatic) Walker Brace/Walking Boot
This Aircast SP Walker is specifically designed to provide protection, mobility along with pneumatic support. For day-to-day activities, this shoe will provide relief for recovering from injury. This post-op shoe for broken toe works for improving the foot natural gait and mobility. It is intended for stable fractures.
The pain of the foot, ankle, post-operational pain, severe ankle sprains, plantar fasciitis, or soft tissue injuries, this shoe balancer is suitable. Moreover, for forefoot, midfoot injuries, or post-operative use, many experts and doctors suggest this product. As the sole of it is a low rocker sole. It helps to promote your natural ambulation. It leads to gain improved mobility and traction.
This model gives ample room for better dressings whereas it doesn’t sacrifice your comfort. By including a hand bulb air pump with this model, it provides a customized level of support that you needed. This walker brace is lightweight and trimmable. Along with its semi-rigid shell, it offers maximum protection. For low profile architecture, it is an awesome option for a natural gait.
- Specifically designed to provide mobility, protection and pneumatic support for day-to-day...
To recover from various type of fracture, we suggest this product. Hopefully, you will like this product.
- Specifically designed for mobility and protection
- Offers pneumatic support for day-to-day activities
- Low rocker sole improves your natural ambulation
- Delivers ample room for dressings
- Features a hand bulb air pump to customize support
- Bit noisy
7. Ovation Air Cam Walker Walking Boot
This Walking Boot is known as a medical boot which gives relief whether if you have a foot fracture or foot injuries. Since it is a healing boot, it provides much support to get a perfect recovery. Even if you have a fracture, you will get relief after a calcaneal fracture. Its smooth-rolling and cushioning properties make you happy to enjoy a painless life.
There are air cells inside of the boot. It enables the wearer to control the support as well as cushioning system. Due to an air pump, it adds extra comfort to your foot. It offers the feasibility to increase or decrease the cushioning system that you wish to get. Moreover, the inflation of the air cells helps to keep your foot cool. It also keeps your foot in a stable position.
- Ultra-lightweight medical boot is the lightest walker on the market.
- Rocker bottom and rounded edges allow for smooth rolling walking motion.
The manufacture claims that it is the lightest boot of the market. As it comes with most of the required features, you will also find it lightweight and comfortable. Most of the features are beneficial to treat with the calcaneal problem.
- Ultra-lightweight medical boot of the market.
- Comes with rocker bottom and rounded edges
- Allow easy and smooth-rolling walking motion
- Easy pump inflation bladders provide ankle support
- Colored soles give a new stylish appearance
- Air position isn’t at the right place
- Bit noisy
8. Ossur Rebound Air Walker Boot
Now we pick a toe fracture shoe that comes with medial and lateral air bladders. These types of bladders are capable of providing proper air-flow. Thus, you will be sweat-free and cool. This shoe has inflation ability to maintain your balance perfectly. The moisture-wicking properties can keep your feet dry and comfortable.
While ankle sprains fractures and calcaneal fractures have pain on the foot, the sufferers need adequate comfort. There are straps on this shoe that will help you for getting a better adjustment. Along with tendon ligaments injuries, this shoe offers the right amount of cushion. You can wear this shoe for a long time as it provides a proper ventilation system.
- BALANCED COMPRESSION - Linked medial and lateral (left or right) air bladders with a single...
- ROCKER BOTTOM - promotes a natural, stable gait (manner of walking), while a trimmable,...
You will be tension-free in case you have sweaty feet. Because the breathability of it will ensure your sweat-free comfort. Overall, this shoe would be the best solution for you if you need a quick heal after a calcaneal fracture. You will be stable with adequate protection.
- Known as the Achilles tendon boot
- Designed with EVA materials for more shock-absorption
- Made with adequate cushioning and padding system
- Features medial and lateral air bladders
- A single inflation point gives balanced compression
- Too much pricy
- The toe box is small
9. United Ortho Cam Walker Fracture Boot
United Ortho Cam is a post-op boot for broken toe which can be worn at both the right or left foot. For promoting natural walking motion, it is a preferable option. Featuring a rocker sole and shock-absorbing insole, this model improves your natural walking while you are using it. The sturdy and reinforced plastic shell gives the ultimate protection.
Along with uprights support and protection, you can be stable and flexible while walking. As they offer 6 months warranty, you can purchase this product to test its support and comfort. Following injury or post-operative procedures, it will naturally help you to improve your foot.
This standard walking boot can be used for different types of use. For acute ankle sprains, ankle pain, soft tissue injuries, unstable lower leg, foot, or ankle fractures, this product can be used. For postoperative use, it is very effective. Its shock-absorbing insole works to reduce the impact of your heel strike which also takes care of your heel support.
- Universal – Fits Right or Left Foot
- Sizing – Extra Small fits kid's 1.5, men's 4 and women’s 5.5 shoe size, refer to size chart...
Many medical professionals as well as consumers like this product. As it is affordable and high-quality, you will like it hopefully.
- Help to promote your natural walking
- Having rocker sole and shock-absorbing insole
- Features reinforced plastic shell
- Gives uprights support and protect for foot
- 6 months warranty
- Too much heavy
- Lack of air-flow
10. Original EVENup™ Shoe Balancer
We think our recommendation would be incomplete without this walking shoe for broken foot. This product from evenup comes with a ½ inchi to 1-inch lift. It will help offset additional height which is brought about by wearing an orthotic boot. You can use it for both left or right leg. So, there are no worries.
This Orthotic Shoe Lift is too comfortable for hip and knee pain. The pain that is caused by uneven gait and due to excessive walking, this product can be a perfect solution for you. As uneven leg lengths may cause hip replacement surgery, it might minimize this chance.
- Evenup provides a 1/2" to 1" lift to help offset the additional height brought about by wearing...
- Evenup works on both the left and right foot. No designation is required.
With only 29 dollars, you can purchase it. This walking shoe for broken toe might a little bit heavy. You may, unlike this feature. But gradually it will develop your foot condition.
- Provides a 1/2″ to 1″ lift
- Help offset to get additional height
- Works on both the left or right foot
- Reduce hip and knee pain
- A good supportive shoe after surgery
- Not enough supportive
Things to Consider Before Purchasing the Best Shoe for Calcaneal Support
There are lots of shoes that can help to support for calcaneal fracture. But from numerous shoes, it is hard to pick the right shoe. Now, we narrate shortly about some features which can guide you to get the right shoe quickly.
The first and foremost feature to find a calcaneal fracture shoe is protection. To deal or treat with the fracture, you must be ensured about the right amount of comfort and protection.
The most important protection is needed for the heel area. So, before buying the best shoes for calcaneal fracture, look for this feature.
When you are looking for a comfortable or better shoe, breathability is a feature which you should always keep in mind. When it is a shoe for any sensitive feet, it goes to be mandatory.
So, to treat your calcaneal fracture, you should pick a breathable shoe that can keep you away from any kind of suffocation.
A light shoe is important for painful feet. After calcaneal fracture or postoperation, the more light shoe you wear, the quicker you will get relief. Therefore, pick a lightweight shoe balancer so that you will be easy and flexible to walk with your pain.
FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
What is the best shoe for calcaneal fracture?
ProCare Squared Toe Post-Op Shoe is one of the best shoes which can be worn after calcaneal fracture. As it delivers stable protection and comfort to your foot, it will work as speedy healing.
Moreover, it is designed to keep your toes dry and foot cool. For dressing clean, it offers you that much feasibility. Complete Medical Darco Med-Surg Shoe is another preferable shoe for calcaneal fracture.
Do I need surgery for a calcaneal fracture?
Actually, it depends. Honestly, it depends on the type of calcaneal fracture that you have. A doctor can suggest you for surgery considering the condition of your fracture.
The post-op, as well as the natural healing process, requires adequate support. The immobilization of your affected foot will increase your mobility. Finding the right shoes need to be tricky as well as overwhelming.
Can calcaneus fracture be repaired?
Calcaneus fracture can be repaired by following some procedures and instructions. Sometimes, surgery can repair a calcaneus fracture. It helps to restore the normal shape of your bone.
On the other hand, sometimes it is associated with complications when the repairing process becomes slow. Like when you have wound healing problems, severe pain, infection, and damage in nerve. Exercise or medicines can also play an important role here.
What shoes do you wear after a foot fracture?
Ans: You should wear a shoe balancer that provides the right amount of stability, support, and mobility after a foot fracture. A shoe with Roll Bar Technology gives you more stability.
Cushioning properties also takes an important place in foot fracture. It will improve the foot’s natural gait. Shoes with adequate support should be worn after a foot fracture.
The best shoe after calcaneal fracture would be a wise solution to treat your calcaneal fracture. It will keep you stable and flexible to walk with your pain. To lead a safe and decent life, sometimes you should be tricky. Pick the right shoe from our recommendations easily.