Are you looking for the best shoes for parkour? From thousands of shoes, it is not an easy task to find the best shoes. This article will help you in this regard properly. We will discuss the main things which help to find out the best pair of shoes within a short time.
Why You Need a Parkour Shoe
Parkour is a very energetic type of movement which needs high supportive and comfortable shoe. It is a very time-sensitive form of running and jumping. That’s why you should be more careful and protection. Without proper support and cushioning, you will make bad foot pain. It will develop serious foot problems. For avoiding these problems, you should pick a parkour shoe.
Benefits of Parkour Shoe
There are lots of benefits of using parkour shoes. Parkour can strengthen your bones and develop body structure. And a parkour shoe has constructed this type of support and care which helps you while you are doing parkour. These types of footwear have great grip, traction, support, and flexibility.
All these features help you a lot. And as there is a lot of chances to get injured in parkour, you should be careful by wearing a parkour shoe in that time. Hopefully, you will get the benefits of using parkour shoes and try to use it for your protection.
10 Best Shoes for Parkour 2020
|Name||Made of||Sole||Check Price|
|Saucony Originals Men's Bullet Sneaker||Nylon||Rubber||Check Price|
|Onitsuka Tiger Unisex Mexico 66 Slip-on Shoes D3K0N||Synthetic||Synthetic||Check Price|
|Vibram Men's V Trail Runner||Polyester and Spandex||Rubber||Check Price|
|Merrell Men's Vapor Glove 3 Trail Runner||Mesh||Rubber||Check Price|
|Evolv Cruzer Approach Shoe||Textile||EVA||Check Price|
|Puma Men's Ignite Dual Running Shoe||Mesh||Rubber||Check Price|
|adidas Men's Fitness Shoes||Synthetic||Rubber||Check Price|
|PUMA Women's Suede Classic Sneaker||Synthetic||Rubber||Check Price|
|Take Flight Parkour Athletic Training Shoe 1.0 - Free Running and Cross Training Shoes||Mesh||Synthetic||Check Price|
|ASICS Men's Gel-Venture 7 Trail Running Shoes||Fabric||Rubber||Check Price|
1. Saucony Originals Men’s Bullet – Best Parkour Sneakers
Saucony is a well known athletic shoe’s brand. There is no surprise that Saucony Originals Men’s Bullet Sneaker is our top choice. These super-light shoes made of 100% nylon. Thanks to its removable insole and rubber outsole. It helps the wearer to land softly and comfortably.
These best parkour shoes feature a low profile silhouette. The cross-country platform of this shoe creates a speedy athletic feel. While doing parkour or other outdoor activities, its super low profile makes it street worthy. Suede and nylon combination make it casual.
For getting high functional support, pick this shoe without any confusion. Its awesome support and responsive performance don’t make you down.
- Made of 100% nylon and suede upper
- Very much responsive with a rubber sole, removable insole and rubber outsole
- Low profile creates street worthy performance
- cross-country platform helps to get an authentic speedy feel
- assist to land softly, run smoothly and move comfortably
- Minimal padding
- Limited arch support
2. Onitsuka Tiger Unisex Mexico 66 D3K0N – Best Parkour Shoes
Looking for good parkour shoes? Onitsuka Tiger Unisex Mexico 66 Slip-on Shoes D3K0N is a classical sneaker. It gives adaptive response and support for runners, athletes, gymnastics and so on. This 100% synthetic sneaker features eyelets on vamp. Logo patches on heel and tongue gives the shoe a great look.
Onitsuka Tiger Unisex Mexico 66 Slip-on is a laceless sneaker. You may have a question why it is laceless? Because it is a slip-on shoe. Then you don’t have to worry about lace undone. It is very convenient and comfortable due to top quality material.
These best parkour shoes are very responsive also. Make a try and get your life easy.
- Heel-cross reinforcement gives top-notch stability and support
- Classic sneaker features eyelets on vamp and signature striping overlays on sides
- very comfortable to wear and supportive with the heel flap
- Lightweight for parkour time and any other outdoor activities
- Offers incredibly snug fit and adaptive response
- No arch support
- Size may vary
3. Vibram Men’s V Trail Runner – Good Parkour Shoes
Vibram Men’s V Trail Runner is one of the other best parkour shoes. Made of polyester-blend, it creates extreme durability. Offering water-resistant capability, this Vibram model allows good experience in every step. The midsole of this shoe is a combination of EVA and NZYM Anti-Microbial Poly Fabric Sockliner midsole.
The Cocoon mesh and polyester upper provides excellent air circulation. It is a machine washable shoe. You can use cold or air dry wash to clean it. It gives unparalleled grip to the wearer both on wet and dry surfaces. The superior grip comes with rugged durability.
Featuring optimal balance and flexibility, this shoe is great for ground adaptation.
- Comes with polyester-blend upper and durable rubber sole
- Features special NZYM Anti-Microbial Poly Fabric midsole
- Machine washable shoe, easily use after washing
- Provides unparalleled grip and traction on any surfaces
- Treats with optimal balance and stability for ground adaptation
- Runs small
- Toe part is quite short
4. Merrell Men’s Vapor Glove 3 – Best Running Shoes for Parkour
Merrell Men’s Vapor Glove 3 Trail Runner is a great shoe for barefoot lover runners. This shoe is a perfect combination of balance and comfort. Unlike most of the shoes, this Merrell model is thick enough to provide the right amount of underfoot protection. Made with 100% textile and synthetic shoes, this shoe doesn’t let you down while you are lifting, exercising and so on.
Merrell Men’s special feature is the TrailProtect pad. This feature creates additional support off road. The Vibram TC5+ outsole makes it very supportive and adaptive. The mesh and TPU upper allows proper air circulation. Thus these good parkour shoes help to improve regular movement.
However, the midsole cushioning of this shoe isn’t adequate. For heavy energetic movement and rough surfaces, it doesn’t provide enough durability. But overall, this is an awesome shoe for parkour.
- 100% Textile and Synthetic
- Gives top-notch underfoot protection for very responsive activities
- TrailProtect pad adds additional and adequate support off road
- Vibram TC5 outsole creates extra grip on wet and dry surface
- Too much soft and breathable with mesh and TPU upper
- Midsole cushioning isn’t sufficient
- Not so durable
5. Evolv Cruzer Approach – Best Free Running Shoes
Plan to go on a hike? Then pick the Evolv Cruzer Approach Shoe. It is barefoot friendly and a moisture wicking shoe. Constructing with microfiber lined memory foam insoles, it allows lasting comfort. Additionally, it is thin and cushy. The minimal-drop flat EVA midsole provides the support as nike parkour shoes.
Evolv Cruzer Approach Shoe features soft microfiber lining. It folds your feet specially your heel with an adequate cushion. With slippers like convenience, the heel pull tab helps for cutting to harness. It also offers much more. Adding excellent traction along with stability, this shoe is much better than any other model of Evolv.
- It is a barefoot friendly and moisture wicking parkour shoe
- microfiber lined memory foam insole provides long-lasting comfort
- Thin, cushy and flat EVA midsole gives you great flexibility
- Soft microfiber lining and folding heel great for movement convenience
- Delivers adequate heel support by heel pull tab
- Sole isn’t durable
- Material feels cheap
6. Puma Men’s Ignite Dual – Best Shoes for Freerunning
Puma Men’s Ignite Dual Running Shoe is a famous parkour shoe. Puma is the brand which leads the footwear industry by their sneakers, boots, slippers etc. actually, most of us know about them. We don’t go into detail about them. And this shoe is one of the top picks for parkour. That’s why we include this in our list.
This model of Puma is made of 100% flexible mesh. The forefoot of it provides soft, snug and comfortable fit. The breathability and flexibility of this shoe are awesome. The build of this shoe doesn’t offer support particularly for running. The combination of energy return capacity and flexibility make it better for parkour activities.
- 100% flexible forefoot mesh gives flexibility and comfortable fit
- breathability and flexibility locks your comfort in position
- comes with color shifting mesh to add depth and reflectivity
- Built with combination of energy return as well as flexibility
- Zero drop running shoe good for other energetic movement
- Runs large
- Limitation of air-flow
7. Men’s Fitness – Adidas Parkour Shoes
Adidas Men’s Fitness Shoes is a synthetic shoe. This shoe comes from the renowned brand Adidas. So, there is nothing more to describe about this brand. This model of Adidas features lace closure to give customized fit. And it is very important to get the right fit while you are on parkour activities.
Adidas Men’s Fitness Shoes are designed with mesh upper. It also comes with nubuck overlays. The synthetic upper of this shoe also delivers durability. With adaptive fit, this shoe is very supportive for parkour or workout. It helps to get optimal cushioning movement experience.
- Made with synthetic upper to deliver durability
- Lace closure gives customized and adaptive fit
- Mesh upper comes with nubuck overlays for breathability
- Supportive for parkour or workout
- Helps to get optimal cushioning movement experience
- Not so supportive
- Insufficient color option
8. Women’s Suede Classic – Parkour Shoes Puma
This is our last shoe that we include in our list. This PUMA Women’s Suede Classic Sneaker features rubber sole. This casual sneaker is made with suede. The shaft measurement of this shoe is approximately low to top from arch. There is no doubt that Puma is one of the most well-known brands. So, you can trust on this brand’s product.
This PUMA Women’s Suede Classic Sneaker is also a trendy shoe. It is good for daily uses. Though it is not so lightweight like others, you can use it for a long time with proper care.
- Features rubber sole along with suede upper
- Shaft is measured approximately low to top from arch
- Casual athletic sneaker helps to create good appearance
- Trendy shoe for parkour, gym, travelling or running
- Good for daily uses
- Not for heavy energetic use
- Not that much responsive
9. Take Flight Parkour 1.0 – Good Free Running Shoes
Like all other shoes, this shoe isn’t so popular but offers good responsiveness for parkour. It is specially designed for parkour activities which can be realized from the name of the shoe. This Take Flight Parkour Athletic Training Shoe 1.0 is parkour free running shoes. It is designed to help the elite parkour athletes. Definitely it will take your performance to the next level.
As it designs with a special rubber compound, it provides improved grip. You will never slip again as it is a slip-resistant shoe. But accidents are accidents. No one can stop this. But this shoe will help you to get sufficient support to be stable on your way. The outsole tread pattern delivers grip even better.
- Original parkour shoes come with slip-resistant capability
- Make with a special rubber portion for enhanced traction
- Capable to control movement and safety during moving
- dual sock liner design make sure optimal comfort
- protected and supported shoe comes with a good price
- Bulky design
- May feel heavy
10. ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 7 – Trail Running Parkour Shoes
ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 7 Trail Running Shoes is a parkour free running shoes. Featuring Ortholite X-40 Sockliner, this premium shoe creates outstanding moving experience in your day to day life. It has a premium sockliner which features higher rebound properties.
Moreover, this shoe takes care of your feet with excellent moisture management. The high-level breathability, take you to a cushioned and comfortable zone. An additional sockliner gives an additional layer of comfort.
All shoes have some bad sides. It has also. In some conditions, it isn’t so air cushy. It may feel heavier than other shoes we reviewed.
- Ortholite X-40 Sockliner features higher bounce back capability
- Provides a high-level of moisture management system
- Excellent breathability is registered by trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC
- Mold your underfoot with additional layer
- GEL technology provides shock absorption movement
- Not air cushy
- Heavier than others
Features To Consider When You are Looking for The Best Shoes for Parkour
The features that used for choosing the best shoes for parkour are specific. Now we describe these features to extend our helping hand which saves your time.
The first thing that you have to look for is the flexibility of a shoe. Without flexibility, it can’t be parkour or running shoes. As you can guess that there is no free-running shoe, but you should choose the best one. You should look for a shoe that flexes as naturally as possible.
A true flexible shoe can bend at least 40 degrees. An important thing that you should need to get the flexibility on the toe box. While you are running or jumping you must need to be very flexible. Otherwise, you will fall in injury which goes so bad.
You should know how important it is to have a durable shoe. As parkour is a real-time and time-sensitive work, your shoe should be very rigid. It will give you that much support to jump and run fast. It will also keep you stable on your way.
In another sense, no one likes to have a shoe that will throw away within a short time. It wastes your money also. Parkour shoe has to ensure a safe landing, jumping fails and running. Even in harsh and critical situations, parkour shoe stay firm. Pick a shoe that is less likely to rip apart.
If you want to take care of your heels, shock absorption is the first factor to consider. As there is more chance to fall in injuries and surrounding shock, your shoe should need shock absorption capability. It not only protects your heel but also protect your knees. And if you have existing plantar fasciitis, bad fibroma or any other foot pain, this feature is a must for you.
The sole is one of the most important portions of a parkour shoe. We should say the most important but there are many things related to this. A cheap sole can ruin your shoe even it has a great parkour design.
The midsole of a shoe is responsible for the quality. Such as grip, traction, flexibility, durability and even protection are dependable on the midsole. The thickness of the midsole is very important.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Kind of Shoes Are Good for Parkour?
Ans: From the best shoes for parkour, ASICS GEL Venture 6 is one of the top picked. Then Onitsuka Tiger Ultimate 81, Adidas Energy Boost 3, Merrell Vapor Glove 4, Nike Free RN Sense, PUMA Narita V3 shoes come forward. They allow excellent grip and traction for parkour.
Are Vans Good for Parkour?
Ans: No, honestly, not all the vans shoes are good and supportive for parkour. Vans shoes are more suitable and responsive to skating than parkour. However, from a few of the vans, Vans UltraRange RapidWeld, Vans Old Skool, Vans Authentic Pro are the most popular.
What Shoes Do Free Runners Wear?
Ans: For free runners wear Nike Free Rn Flyknit, Vibram Men’s KSO EVO Cross Training Shoe, ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe, Onitsuka Tiger Ultimate 81 Fashion Sneaker, PUMA Men’s Faas 500 V2 Running Shoe, NIKE Men’s Free RN Running Shoe, etc. are very popular. You can pick any of them.
Who Makes Rocker Bottom Shoes?
Ans: Some manufacturers make bottom shoes with great care. Some of the bottom shoes are Skechers Sport Men’s Shape Ups XT All Day Comfort Sneaker, New Balance Men’s Suede 928v3, Exersteps Men’s Whirlwind Black Sneakers and HOKA ONE ONE Men’s Arahi Running Shoe, etc.
Table of 10 Best Parkour Shoes
Parkour is a heavy energetic activity. It needs a strong and supportive shoe to keep the performer flexible and easy. Pick a shoe from our list and get an easy and confident time. check the list of the best shoes for parkour carefully to get your desired one.