What are Flat Feet?
Flat feet, which are also called fallen feet, refers to the postural deformity of the foot. It has occurred when the arch and the entire sole collapse while an individual is walking. The person who has a low arch is faced with flat feet mostly. All of us have born with flat feet. If there is no pain, there is no problem. But when it causes foot pain, you have to be careful.
How To Realize Your Child Has Flat Feet
If you want to check whether your kids have flat feet or not, you can conduct a simple experiment. It is called a wet test. Take a bowl of water and tell your kid to wet his/her feet. Then when he/she is walking, you will get the sign of whether he/she has flat feet or not. There are some videos where you can get the real idea because, without any graphical view, it is hard to describe.
Features of a Good Kids Shoes for Flat Feet
The most important features that assist in getting the best kids shoes for flat feet mentioned below:
- Choose a shoe with proper arch support.
- Pick a lightweight shoe to minimize the pain if you have.
- Orthotic insert for additional arch support.
- A soft shoe for comfort.
- Prefer leather or suede material shoe for giving relief in pain.
Benefits of Wearing Shoes for Flat Feet
If you choose a kid shoe for flat feet, obviously there are many benefits. A flat feet shoe is specially designed for them who have flat feet. The shaft of these shoes is beneficial to reduce foot pain. One important point is, kids aren’t so much conscious about their health. So, as a parent, you should be very careful about their good health. By choosing the best kid’s shoes for flat feet, you can be tension-free and ensure your kid’s comfort.
10 Best Kids Shoes for Flat Feet
|Name||Made of||Sole||Check Price|
|Hush Puppies Gavin Uniform Dress Shoe||Leather||Rubber||Check Price|
|Birkenstock Arizona Kids Mocca Birkibuc Sandals Narrow Width||Birkibuc||Birkibuc||Check Price|
|New Balance Kids' 680v5 Running Shoe||Synthetic||Synthetic||Check Price|
|adidas Originals Kids Unisex's Swift Run Sneaker||Synthetic||Rubber||Check Price|
|Merrell Jungle Moc Frosty Waterproof Slip-On Shoe||Leather||Synthetic||Check Price|
|Saucony Kids' Cohesion 10 LTT Sneaker||Leather||Rubber||Check Price|
|TSUKIHOSHI Kids' Speed Sneaker||Synthetic||Synthetic||Check Price|
|Pediped girls becky mary jane||Textile||Synthetic||Check Price|
|KEEN unisex-child Chandler CNX Shoe||Mesh||Rubber||Check Price|
|Stride Rite Made 2 Play Artin Sneaker||Leather||Rubber||Check Price|
1. Hush Puppies Gavin Uniform Dress Shoe – Best Overall
Hush Puppies Gavin Uniform Dress Shoe is one of the best kids shoes for flat feet. It is a uniform school shoe. Made with 100% leather lining and breathable mesh upper, it can be more comfortable for kids. A memory foam footbed helps to keep kids’ feet cool. It is very reputed for school going kids.
For all day comfort and support, there is a sockliner with antimicrobial treatment. It helps to beat odor and bad smell. This school uniform approved shoe features non-marking outsoles. It is breathable enough as it is built with mesh lining. So, your kids are free from blister, rash, and other skin diseases.
The hook and loop closure allows easy on/off. It is easily adjustable with your fit. We think you can give your kid an awesome comfortable feeling if you pick this shoe.
- 100% leather material allows breathable and sweat-free walking
- Comes with memory foam footbed for caring your kids all day
- Mesh lining along with antimicrobial sockliner treat to beat odor
- A great school uniform approved shoe
- Non-marking outsole features proper support and mobility
- Not a versatile shoe
- Not so colorful
2. Birkenstock Arizona Mocca Birkibuc – Best Shoes for Kid With Flat Feet
When it is a question of comfortable kids shoes, Birkenstock is a brand which comes in the first row of choice. This Birkenstock Arizona Kids Mocca Birkibuc Sandals is one of the best kids shoes for flat feet. It is very obvious that if your kid has flat feet, he/she needs some special care to minimize the pain of flat feet.
Birkenstock Arizona Kids Mocca Birkibuc Sandals has a unique Birkibuc sole. It is their own special sole that is very supportive and rigid. There is Birko-Flor upper which is also unique. It keeps proper air-flow through your feet. The suede covered footbed provides plenty of support in playing, running or jumping.
With cork-latex midsole and built-in arch support, your kid can be proper in support and stability. Moreover, there is no concern for grip as it has toe grip portion.
- Features special Birkibuc sole with Birko-Flor upper
- Suede covered footbed grants cushioned, soft feeling
- Excellent midfoot comfort is delivered by Cork-latex midsole
- Built-in arch support keeps your kid protective and confident
- Toe grip portion adds adequate support and traction
- Pricey product
- Size may vary
3. New Balance Kids’ 680v5 – Best Shoes for Flat Feet
If you are looking for the best shoes for kids with flat feet, now we recommend a stylish as well as lightweight shoe. You would get a classic good-looking and high-quality shoe whether you purchase it. Perhaps, with plenty of mile coverage, this New Balance Kids’ 680v5 Running Shoe can be a great option for your runner kids.
New Balance Kids’ 680v5 Running Shoe is a 100% synthetic shoe. As New Balance is one of the most top-rated brands, they keep their consistency in this shoe. An EVA midsole and OrthoLite sock liner offers plenty of support and comfort altogether. The Injection Molded EVA midsole makes it responsive and comfy.
This comfy shoe isn’t supportive only, it is stylish too. Therefore, your kids look smart and stylish.
- Made with 100% synthetic elements, featuring synthetic sole
- Injection Molded EVA midsole provides plenty of cushioning
- ABZORB heel portion provides long time heel support
- Helps to wick away moisture for keeping feet cool and dry
- Decorative look, colorful one and a lightweight shoe
- On price issue
- Looks so big
4. Adidas Originals Kids Unisex’s – Best Shoes for Children With Flat Feet
This stylish, lightweight shoe from Adidas is a new edition kid shoe. This unisex shoe is made with textile and synthetic material. You would get that much comfort from what you look for. This adidas Originals Kids Unisex’s Swift Run Sneaker is considered as one of the best shoes for flat feet kids.
adidas Originals Kids Unisex’s Swift Run Sneaker is offering regular fit. It also allows flexible fit with the lace closure. The knit upper along with embroidered details remains stylish. Not only getting adequate support for flat feet, it is also supportive for regular feet.
The comfortable textile lining feels good to every kid. Besides, the rubber outsole locks your kids protection. So, don’t worry!
- A unisex design offering regular and flexible fit
- Lace closure tends to allow customized
- Knit upper along with embroidered details makes appealing look
- Comfortable textile lining and rubber outsole provides best kid comfort
- Lack of air-flow
- Looks clumsy
5. Merrell Jungle Moc Frosty – Best Shoes for Kids With Flat Feet
Most probably most of you want a rugged and supportive kid shoe. Then sneakers can be a little bit avoiding because they aren’t that much supportive. That’s why we offer this shoe from Merrell. This Merrell Jungle Moc Frosty Waterproof Slip-On Shoe is a leather shoe. It features nylon arch for stability and support.
These best shoes for kids with flat feet are waterproof. Along with waterproof suede upper, it offers dry and wet-free movement. It also comes with M-Select DRY sealing which ensures dryness. The lugged outsole adds excellent traction and grip.
However, these shoes are pricey and come with only two colors. We think the price would take value because it is so durable.
- 100% leather material comes with synthetic sole
- Features waterproof suede upper for wet condition
- comes with M-Select DRY sealing for extreme dryness and calm
- Molded nylon arch shank and lugged outsole provides proper stability
- Offers great traction and grip for frequent movement
- Only in two color
6. Saucony Cohesion 10 LTT – Best Shoes for Flat Feet Kids
Saucony Kids’ Cohesion 10 LTT Sneaker is a cushy, supportive shoe for kids. It will flexibly let your kids jump, running and whatever they want to do. The Cohesion 10 gives your kids proper stability for everyday uses. They can go to school, playground, shopping, market, music class or anywhere they want to go. For physical activities and exercise, it is also a good choice.
The shoe features breathable and durable mesh lining. The lining is made of an antimicrobial material. It means it is a no smelly shoe. The tri-flex rubberized lugs outsole provides plenty of grip. To play on any surface, it allows perfect flexibility.
This kids shoe is available in many colors. You can pick any one of them.
- Super cushy, supportive and flexible shoe
- Huge color option allows fun color choices from them
- Tri-flex rubberized lugs provides optimal traction on different surface
- Plenty of air-flow is allowed by durable mesh and leather upper
- Tri-flex rubberized lugs provide traction on any surface
- Sizing problem
- Little bit heavy
7. TSUKIHOSHI Kids’ Speed Sneaker – Best Sneakers for Kids With Flat Feet
You may start to look for a trendy shoe. Right? Although this shoe isn’t so familiar, this TSUKIHOSHI Kids’ Speed Sneaker is very trendy, supportive and comfy. Offering balanced comfort, it can create barefoot comfort seriously. This is a machine washable shoe. For running or frequent movement, these best running shoes for kids with flat feet is a great choice.
It has wide toe boxes to allow natural spreading of toes. For balanced landing with maximum comfort, there is a deodorizing insole. The outsole of this shoe is ultra-lightweight. It delivers maximum flexibility and shock absorption capability.
But it is not for summer basically. You should use it in the winter season.
- A machine washable comes with COLD remove insole
- Featuring wide toe box to allow natural movement and comfort
- Excellent in balance landing with maximum comfort
- Ultra-lightweight outsole gives maximum shock absorption
- slip-resistant outsole gives safety and stability
- Runs small
- Not for summer
8. Pediped Girls Becky Mary Jane – Best Children’s Shoes for Flat Feet
Pediped girls becky mary jane is a fancier shoe specially for flat-foot girls. Who are looking for something special for occasions, parties or any wedding event, this suits them better than others. As it has been approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association, it will keep your kids happy and healthy.
These best running shoes for kids with flat feet features special inserts. These inserts can be inserted or removed to give your child the right fit. The Velcro enclosure also takes this responsibility for easy wear.
- Breathable leather lining adds maximum comfort
- Flexible and lightweight sole protects your foot
- Velcro enclosure is added for adjustable fit and easy put-on
- Flex Fit system ensures better fit and longer wearing comfy
- Accepted American certificate ensures healthy foot development
- Require break in
9. KEEN unisex-child Chandler CNX – Best Shoes for Flat Feet Boys
KEEN unisex-child Chandler CNX Shoe is another comfy shoe for kids. These best brands of shoes for kids with flat feet are 100% lightweight. Made of performance mesh, this is very breathable and flexible. Along with rubber sole, this KEEN unisex-child Chandler CNX Shoe is rigid in support.
The breathable mesh lining won’t weigh down your kids feet. They can get this shoe easy and flexible. The secured fit is ensured by a lace capture system. The non-marking rubber outsole provides good traction and grip to keep them away from injuries. Interestingly, this shoe has a huge color option also.
- 100% Lightweight Performance Mesh
- elastic quick tying laces fits your feet perfectly
- Breathable mesh lining is perfect for flat feet
- Secure fit lace capture system provides adjustable fit
- Rocks your step with non-marking rubber outsole
- Laces wear out quickly
- Lack of breathability
10. Stride Rite Made 2 – Best Sneakers for Flat Feet Kids
Looking for the best brand of shoes for kids with flat feet? We offer Stride Rite Made 2 Play Artin Sneaker while it isn’t so well known. Searching for the best kids shoes we found this shoe in most of the reviews. This 100% leather and mesh shoe is washable. These washable materials are easy to clean.
There is an alternative closure which comes with hook and loop. It allows easy on/off as well as adjustability. The mesh linings reduces odor with antimicrobial treatment. Thus, your kid can be safe from bacterial attack. The memory foam insole adds enhanced comfort also.
- 100% soft and comfortable leather and mesh
- Features washable materials for easy and quick cleaning
- Perfect adjustability is offered by alternative closure with hook and loop
- Mesh linings along with antimicrobial treatment helps to reduce odor
- Memory foam insole enhancing optimal comfort
- May not for everyday
- Lack of comfort
What To Look for When Selecting Kids Shoes for Flat Feet
The criteria that should be looked for getting the best kid’s shoes who have flat feet are described below. Among lots of features, these features will help to get the best pair within a few minutes.
The arch support is a mandatory feature which you should look for. When you are looking for shoe flat feet, do not pick a shoe without any arch support. Arch support will provide the best level of support in flat feet. It will help to reduce foot pain. Flat feet people should be very conscious about arch support.
Having a good grip can assist you a lot when you have flat feet. Take a shoe with great outsole making with durable rubber. It will offer the best grip and traction. But remember that excessive traction isn’t good for flexible movement.
Sizing of the shoe should be right. Because a tight or loose shoe makes your kid uncomfortable to wear that shoe. It also creates a lack of cushioning. So, make sure that the shoe is perfect in length and width. Check out the shoe’s sizing chart to get the best fitting. Moreover, different design offers different shapes and fitting.
Comfort is the main concern when you have pain in feet. Flat feet shoes should be proper in support and cushioning. For the right amount of comfort, you have to look for what material used to build the shoe. Usually, leather and suede are the most comfortable material for footwear. They are also lightweight. Canvas also used for making a shoe. It is durable enough rather than comfort. If you prefer durability more than comfort, you can choose a canvas shoe.