For performing different types of exercise, you need to pick the best shoes for lateral movement. Some of you might think that it is a waste of money to purchase a shoe that is particularly designed for lateral movements. But, to keep you right in support and safe, it is very important.
You can wear any ordinary shoes while you are jogging, exercise, weightlifting, or doing other activities as you wish. But it will gradually hamper your physical condition. With this writing, we will give you a clear idea of which shoes are the most comfortable and supportive for lateral movements.
So, let’s get started!
10 Best Shoes for Lateral Movement
No products found.
1. Ryka Women’s Influence Cross-Training Shoe
The traction outsole comes with an elegant footprint design. The pivot points of this shoe add for ease of movement while you are exercising.
There are flex-foil and Direct Fuse layers in this shoe. They provide adequate support for doing heavy energetic workouts. The dual-density foam midsole makes the shoe soft and comfortable.
Along with high-impact N-Gage EVA energy return properties, it gives you enough flexibility to jump, run, or exercise. It also gives shape retention as well as cushioning on impact
- For the cross-lateral movement, this women training sneaker offers great breathability.
- It comes with a synthetic and meshes upper which combines proper comfort and breathability.
- Moreover, the flex-foil and direct-fuse layers deliver plenty of support.
- Thus, this shoe is a perfect option for lateral movement.
- The textile lining along with cushioning precise-return insole assist to keep your feet cool and nice.
- Featuring a dual impact midsole, it allows heel and forefront cushioning.
- We suggest you try out this shoe for enjoying your workout times.
- The traction outsole comes with a footprint design
- Pivot points allow ease of movement
- Features flex-foil and Direct Fuse layers
- Dual-density foam midsole confirms softness
- Great for high impact N-Gage EVA energy return properties
- Not true to size
- Not for wide feet
2. ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 7 Trail Running Shoes
All the features make the footwear more durable, comfortable, and supportive of energetic movements. Due to its high level of cushioning, you can be pleasant and happy.
This shoe features a premium sockliner. Due to its higher rebound properties, it offers excellent moisture management capability.
This sockliner is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC. That’s why it offers a high level of breathability. You can get proper confidence in the toughest terrain when you are wearing this shoe.
- As it features GEL technology and an EVA midsole, it is perfect for athletes who are interested in outdoor activities.
- The GEL technology in the rearfoot area allows proper shock absorption.
- The ORTHOLITE sockliner delivers an additional cushioning layer at underfoot.
- The internal heel counter of it works gently for remaining your feet in its natural motion.
- Giving your life a more efficient stride and enjoy the happiness of movement.
- Made with Ortholite X-40 Sockliner
- Features higher rebound properties for excellent moisture
- Offers a high level of breathability
- With internal heel counter
- Excellent training partner
- Bit heavyweight
- Size larger
3. ASICS Women’s Gel-Quantum 90 Running Shoes
They are specially designed for lateral movements, sprints, and weightlifting sessions. Constructing with synthetic and mesh upper, it is both durable and soft. Its versatile look gives a new appearance to your normal outfits.
For best milage support and eliminating irritations, it can be an awesome option.
Featuring a rigid and strong rubber sole, ASICS GEL-Quantum 90 creates a stable and locked movement. For neutral support, it is perfect.
Due to its versatile look, it can be worn for casual occasions. Enjoying its superior support and cushioning, will keep you moving for mile after mile.
- Though it is a lightweight shoe, it won’t sacrifice your comfort.
- It has that much quality for flexible response. It makes with 11 mm lightweight mesh and synthetic upper.
- The upper allows sufficient air circulation to keep you sweat and odor-free.
- Its seamless construction, especially in the forefoot, works on eliminating irritation.
- Featuring refined heel detailing, it offers a more versatile look. The lace-up closure ensures your right fit.
- Along with breathable fabric lining and reliable cushioning, you really like these shoes.
- Has a versatile look for any casual occasions
- Provides superior support along with cushioning
- GEL-Quantum 360, neutral support
- Lightweight, flexible, and responsive.
- Seamless construction eliminates irritation
- Some size prices high
- Not for a long time
4. Reebok Men’s Nano 9 Cross Trainer
If you are looking for lateral support shoes, this shoe will meet up most of your demands and requirements. Since it is a 100% fabric shoe, it offers high-level durability.
This Reebok shoe features a rubber sole for entire support and a great level of traction. The shaft measurement of this shoe is approximately low to top from the arch.
Its comfort and performance keep you easy while you are exercising. A wide toe box adds a comfortable fit which is very necessary for powerful movements.
- The flex weave upper of it delivers breathability, protection as well as durability.
- Its minimal drop outsole confirms the ultimate durability. It also secures your foot.
- These best shoes for lateral movement locked your fit in the right amount of comfort.
- Along with a support cage, it includes stability for jogging, lifting weighting, weight balancing, etc.
- Made of 100% fabric
- Textile upper offers a locked-in feel
- The support cage adds stability for lifting weights.
- Cushioning properties suitable for run-intense activities
- Designed for lateral movement
- Bit costly
- Size varies
5. PUMA Women’s Riaze Prowl Sneaker
Featuring a rubber sole and cell technology, this sneaker offers light and easy movements. As its shaft is approximately low to top from the arch, you will get adequate arch support.
- Wearing these cell riaze women’s shoes, this shoe combines cushioning, comfort, and style altogether.
- Comfort is certainly a goal here, though you might face swallowed by pillowy softness.
- During your most grueling activities, it provides you garner support.
- Besides, this shoe is very flexible and responsive to do all regular stuff like outing, walking, meeting, or office time.
- But it is not suitable for those who have wide feet as this shoe runs a bit narrow.
- 100% synthetic upper locks durability
- Rigid and durable rubber sole
- A run-train performance sneaker
- Supportive, secured, and breathable
- With specific style utilize cell technology
- Runs narrow
- Not for wide feet
6. Nike Women’s Flex Experience Run 8 Shoe
Nike Flex 8 is a popular shoe for lateral movements. Along with its flex grooves in the outsole, it helps to promote your natural flexibility. Since it is built with knit fabric, it ensures a snug feel to your feet.
There is a rounded heel in this shoe. It enhances a natural range of motion during you doing most grueling activities.
There is a no-sew overlay at the laces of this shoe. The toe tip includes durability. For doing lateral workouts with flexibility, there is an injected unit sole midsole.
It brings you a resilient ride along with enough durability. It provides double support as an outsole. All these combinations provide a reduction in rubber.
- Reducing overall weight, this model lightweight comfort to your every step.
- The soft knit material will hug your foot gently. Moreover, the flex grooves in the outsole promote an adaptive ride.
- That is ready for wherever your route takes you.
- Features flex grooves in the outsole
- The knit fabric conforms to your snug feel
- Comes with a rounded heel to promote natural motion
- No-sew overlay at the laces
- Injected unit sole midsole allows a resilient ride
- Bit heavy
7. ASICS Men’s Gel-Rocket 9 Volleyball Shoes
Constructing with forefoot GEL technology, this model is popular for its shock absorption capability. Providing lasting comfort and outstanding performance, this versatile shoe has most of the features that you need.
Due to its extra cushioning, you will find it comfortable and soft. It also keeps your feet away from various foot injuries.
Cushioning provided by the springy EVA midsole, this product will add rebound properties also. These give you a real boost when you are taking different types of competition.
For adding stability to your every step, it features TRUSSTIC SYSTEM technology. It includes a molded component under your midfoot area. So, you can be protected.
- You can move at lightning speed without facing twisting. The side support construction is awesome for this model.
- Featuring full Strobel lasting, it creates additional support in your multidirectional movements. So, make a try with this shoe to enjoy your movements.
- If you want to wear this shoe for the long term, we suggest you use it.
- Because it may keep you warm while you are wearing this shoe from morning to late at night.
- So, wear it for lateral movement where you pass a couple of hours.
- Made with forefoot GEL technology
- Good for shock absorption, long-lasting comfort
- Extra cushioning comes by EVA midsole
- Added rebound properties work as a booster
- Made with TRUSSTIC SYSTEM technology
- Size varies
- Not for long term
8. Adidas Men’s Powerlift 4 Weightlifting Shoe
This Adidas male cross-trainer shoe is popular and preferable for weightlifting or jogging. This shoe origin some quality features which complete most of the demand of customers.
With the manufacturer’s innovative technology and design, they make it long-lasting and comfortable. As the brand has a long connection with the sport, this product provides amazing support for sports as well as any lateral movements.
- This shoe is catered for all professional athletes, gymnastics, or any other individual who wants to take part in sports.
- But it is not so good for wide feet. So, we don’t suggest it for those who have wide feet.
- Another thing is, it is not so supported for speedy activities like running. So, we recommend you not to wear it while you are running.
- Adidas male cross-trainer shoe
- Lightweight, relaxed, and responsive shoe
- Deep-rooted support and comfort
- Strong for high-energetic movements
- Cushioned, soft, and supportive
- Not suitable for running
- Not for wide feet
9. PUMA Men’s Tazon 6 Fracture FM Cross-Trainer Shoe
This shoe from PUMA is come up with a seasonal fracture graphic which adds for a modern look. This shoe is made with 100% synthetic leather and rubber sole. For athletic movement and highly energetic workouts, it is a preferable product.
This run-train performance sneaker will fulfill your running and training needs. For doing exercise, weightlifting, jogging, or any kind of sports, this product provides sufficient cushion.
As it has comfortable properties, it can absorb your shock as your frequent movement creates lots of pressure over your foot. Therefore, you can be relaxed as well as stable while you are performing energetic activities.
- Though it is so supportive and cushioned, the shoe isn’t versatile enough.
- On the other hand, it has a limited color option. You may disappoint if you want to pick any particular color.
- So, if you give priority to appearance rather than comfort, you may avoid it.
- Made of 100% synthetic leather
- A run-train performance sneaker
- Graphic adds for a modern look
- Provides stable cushioning for all your energetic activities
- Combines style and comfort altogether
- Not so versatile
- Limited color option
10. New Balance Women’s Fresh Foam Arishi V1 Running Shoe
Along with lateral insoles, this New Balance Arishi produces amazing support and mobility. It combines cutting-edge with fresh foam cushioning in your everyday style. It is designed for versatility, traction, and support.
Coming up with an engineered mesh upper, you also find it breathable. There is an NB Response performance insert in this model. It adds more comfort to your every step.
To go for any workout, it features ultimate comfort and support. It is ultra-cushioned and lightweight. So, your ride is paired with support which definitely boosts your confidence.
- But, this shoe runs a little bit wide. So, you should pick one size or half size smaller than your regular size.
- For, excessive movements, it is not so durable as hiking or hunting.
- So, keep in mind all the benefits and demerits before purchasing.
- Combines the cutting-edge Fresh Foam cushioning
- Built for versatility, comfort, and support
- Made with an engineered mesh upper
- Features an NB Response performance insert
- Ready for a workout with ultimate comfort in every step
- Runs wide
- Not so durable
FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
What are the best shoes for plyometrics?
The New Balance 20v7 Minimus stands as a first-grade shoe for both men and women for the toughest exercises. It provides extreme support and liberal traction to keep you stable and optimistic.
The 20v7 is ideal for mixed martial arts, weight lifting, plyometrics, or any other rigid activities.
What are the best shoes for training?
For training and workouts, Ryka Women’s Influence, Nike Free X Metcon 2, and Under Armour TriBase Reign are the top-picked shoes.
Actually, strong and extremely supportive shoes are suitable for any type of training. You should try to wear rigid shoes while you are training.
Can you wear running shoes for HIIT?
It’s a fact that running shoes don’t work well for HIIT. They are good for fast movement and responsiveness.
But training shoes are designed to keep you energetic and enthusiastic. No matter in which direction you are moving, training shoes allow you to move forward, backward, or in any direction that you needed.
Can you wear training shoes outside?
Basically, training shoes do not work for outside. Since training shoes do not have treads under the outsole, they have a lack of comfort while you are going outside.
Having padded from all areas, they may cause problems for regular activity.
Should I get running or training shoes?
Running shoes can protect your feet whenever you are weightlifting the pavement again and again. On the other hand, a training shoe can help you with side-to-side movement.
The running shoe is perfect for forwarding movement. They offer more cushioning, responsiveness, and support. All these properties convert into a higher heel drop.
Wearing the best shoes for lateral movement will promote your natural cycle, increase your confidence, and keep you protected from various foot injuries.
As they are specially designed for lateral movement, obviously they are better than other types of shoes.
Other articles that may interest you:
- Running Shoes for Asphalt Review
- Check out Shoes for Sweaty Feet
- Buying Guide: Regular Shoes for Cycling